Wednesday, 30 July 2008
ive given in and bought a petit blythe. this lady is called Spring Chocolat. i will have to think of a cool name for her now!
Tuesday, 29 July 2008
*going to see the Dark Knight tonight. cant wait!
*done a couple of LOs..and i just noticed i havent titled them. hmm...i dont think i need titles. a bit of minimalism.
the flower on the first one is handmade using some lace i got from a qtea kit. handmade!! what's coming over me! making biscuits and handmaking flowers. think i should sit down.
and now for some fun. whilst playing with my bits today, i realised i have tons of ribbon which i hardly ever use, so i figured id make up some RAKs with some other bits and pieces i dont use either. so here they are. they'll be first come first served. just leave a comment with which you'd like and once they're gone thats it!
number 1 is words. a selection of ribbons and 4 metal words from making memories: priceless, togetherness, always and cherish. Gone to Katy
number 2 is stars. an unopened bag of plastic gold star beads, a 2" (ish) chipboard star and ribbons. Still Available number 3 is flowers. burgandy and peach blooms measuring approx 1.5cm. dont forget the ribbons! Still available
and finally number 4 is tags. an unopened packet of chatterbox tags and, you've guessed it! ribbons! Gone to Danemi1
Sunday, 27 July 2008
60g caster sugar
25g ground almonds
1tsp lemon zest
* melt butter. beat in remaining ingredients.
* ideally leave dough overnight.
* cut into rounds. bake on greaseproof paper for 10-15 mins at 200c.
when you make the dough, you may have to add a little more flour in like i did; it also looks a little 'loose', but this is the butter making it look shiny. i also added a few drops of lemon juice.
but ive been impressed with previous kits, so much so ive been kicking myself for not getting one. if you like the look of this and want to sub, get in quick because they subscription option will be taken down soon to save kits for aug 1st.
last night i made some dough for lemon biscuits, but the quantities i added as per ingredients left the dough..well...not very dough like. ive had to add more flour so fingers crossed they actually work. i'll post pics and ingredients if successful!
heres some fun eye candy for you all, a new album from elles.
Friday, 25 July 2008
on a completely unrelated note, my wii fit arrived today!
Thursday, 24 July 2008
- my timmie is going to be collected from the post office today.
- marcus is going to a classic car convention thing with his dad from today til sunday so i'm all alone in the house for the first time.
- heres some eye candy
1. wtf happened to my hair, 2. abstract monday 5, 3. Jenni Bowlin tickets, 4. Hambly Camera Rub-ons, 5. At the Cosmo Cricket Booth, 6. KI Memories Sheers, 7. Sassafras, 8. Sassafras, 9. ATARI - My first petite., 10. LIFTED, 11. Fly Away Cover *July Sweet Spuds Kit*, 12. Composite.jpg, 13. thousands, 14. i love chicago, 15. Winery Mini Album, 16. port d'essaouira
found this site, the small object, which sells cute stamps and labels and also has downloadable freebies, such as these cute occassion gift tags.
Sunday, 20 July 2008
as much as i love the dress from coast (see couple of posts below), when i tried this one on, it really did feel like the one. i wont show you which it is, but its by maggie sotterro..if you look at her collection you get the idea. lace is involved. very pretty and not what i imagined i would wear!
today my week off work is over. boo!!! so i celebrated by making lemon fairy cakes (currently cooling). im a little concerned the buttercream wont work as i have caster sugar not icing sugar, but i guess if i only use a little it wont be too bad....
Friday, 18 July 2008
*this first one is using love,elsie Claire and some fab dymo effect alphas by EK Success i bought in Wal-Mart near our hotel. the little butterfly is by riff raff designs and has been painted and glittered. i also used a tag by shabby chic crafts and some blingy bits. the photo isnt obvious but it's a little lizard we saw when we were queueing for Splash Mountain.
had a call from a lovely man at borders to let me know Creating Keepsakes is in and he's holding me one of their measly 4 copies.
tomorrow im going wedding dress shopping with my mum, even though im happy with the dress i have, i dont want her to miss out on the occassion that is 'dress hunt day'. i'll try and get some sneaky peek photos.
Wednesday, 16 July 2008
* want some yumminess?? then check out this etsy for amazing labels in every colour conceivable in various styles.
*the august qtea senak is up. check it out.
Tuesday, 15 July 2008
Sunday, 13 July 2008
1. art journal : collected details, 2. Layout, 3. Polaroid, 4. Scrap Mojo défi #17, 5. Yum-Yum Playhouse, 6. underwear*postcard*pack, 7. her happy place, 8. notes.by.ally, 9. the facts, 10. heart, 11. Whit's Knits: Stars + Stripes Felted Hot Pads, 12. i got distracted, 13. april art, 14. so not amused, 15. NOW, 16. sweet home
Saturday, 12 July 2008
Wednesday, 9 July 2008
im also loving 3 new cosmo cricket range: mr campy, jacks world and hello sunshine. i cant wait to get my hands on these! check out these mr campy rub ons!
Tuesday, 8 July 2008
Monday, 7 July 2008
today is a bleurgh day. it is a nothing day. it is a 'sit on the internet for hours' day, a 'sit on the sofa eating fatty rubbish whilst not actually being bothered to do anything' day. i want to do something with myself, with my life, but doing it seems like too much effort. the weather, which is swinging between sunshine and biblical downpours ( i swear im going to see Noah soon), sums up how im feeling.
ive been watching programmes on Judaism on the bbc iplayer and they really struck a chord. maybe im interested because marcus's family were Jewish, maybe im looking for something in my life. im already a non practicing Christian but maybe thats what im missing; the connection, the routine, the feeling of being part of something special.
1. Prise en flag, 2. Stacey, 3. Worms., 4. santa monica pier, 5. daddy's favorite puppy, 6. Scrapbooking Supplies, 7. new toy, 8. fun list, 9. Untitled, 10. patches, 11. 07042008, 12. Scrapjacked, 13. ATC présentation, DT Scrapadabra, 14. cloudies stamps, 15. Because I said so..., 16. "Stuff" mini cover
absolutely raining cats, dogs and small horses here. so much for summertime.
thought i would share a couple of pics of the lizards we're looking after...
and here's a little bit of England for you..
Saturday, 5 July 2008
- this week we're 'babysitting' my sister's 3 bearded dragons and water dragon whilst they are in egypt. what we didnt expect was for one of the beardies to lay about 15 eggs. which we accidentally cooked in their rubbish incubator with the worst thermostat i have ever seen.
- i finished 3 really nice night shifts this morning and had to go straight into town to sort out a remortgage.
Wednesday, 2 July 2008
Tuesday, 1 July 2008
for a little while, me and marcus have been discussing emigrating, specifically to canada; we've never been there, but something about it appeals. we had the discussion again today, and when i went to the newsagents, the front page of the daily mail was about the first minister from Alberta coming here to 'poach' skilled workers. apparently, those of us lucky enough to have the desired skills would be fast tracked. was someone up there listening?? if anybody reading this lives in canada, has emigrated there or is in the process of, please let me know what you like and dislike about it so i can start thinking seriously.
i got my new phone today, but i cant get the back off to put the battery in *rolls eyes*
made this little guy using some fabric from a previous qtea kit.
the new prompt is up at guttergirlz. i know exactly what im going to do for this!
check out the kittyrobot store update. you'll find lots of new goodies including these..anchor buttons..
and summer swirl.